Tour length - Approx. 9.5 hours (Pick up time - approx 8.00am; Drop off time - 5.30pm) depending on pick up location and time of year.
Departure points - various central Perth locations including hotels and the Wellington Street coach stand - go to www.exploretoursperth.com/departure-points for the full list.
Highlights of the tour:
- Penguins - Ferry ride to Penguin Island to see the Penguins feed and explore the beautiful Island (During June to September the Penguin feeding takes place at Caversham Wildlife Park)
- Glass Bottom Boat - Explore the Ocean Floor around Penguin and Seal Island - look out for playful Seals and Dolphins
- Lunch at Pengo's - Enjoy Lunch at Pengo's café on the main land by the Shoalwater Marine Reserve
- Caversham Wildlife Park - Feed Kangaroos, stroke Koalas, meet a Wombat and take a guided tour around the Wildlife Park
- Farm Show - Enjoy the Farm Show at Caversham Wildlife Park where you will see Sheep shearing, Whip cracking, Cow milking, Lamb feeding, Billy swinging and watch sheep dogs mustering the sheep
- Chocolate Factory - To finish off the day we have one more special treat, a visit to a Chocolate factory for free tastings
Penguin Island is a unique nature reserve that is home to Western Australia’s largest colony of little penguins - the smallest species of penguin in the world. Penguin Island is blessed with beautiful beaches and is surrounded by dazzling, crystal clear waters.
Both locals and visitors from all over the world catch the ferry or take a cruise here to get up close to the wildlife, explore nature trails, swim, surf, snorkel or to enjoy a family picnic and the safe, sheltered beaches.
The little penguins are very shy and can be very difficult to see in the wild but you can get up close and learn all about them with the rangers at The Discovery Centre. (During June to September the Penguin feeding takes place at Caversham Wildlife Park as the Discovery Centre is closed for the breeding season. As a result you are not likely to see Penguins on Penguin Island during June to September)
Caversham Wildlife Park
Located inside Whiteman Park, Caversham Wildlife Park is Perth's premier wildlife experience and a must-see on any visit to Perth.
Hand-feed the kangaroos, join in the interactive farm show, touch a possum or lizard, meet a wombat, and have photos taken with koalas! Caversham Wildlife Park; a great Australian meet & greet experience for the whole family.
- Following pickup from Central Perth you travel South to Penguin Island, which lies within the wildlife sanctuary zone of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park - www.PenguinIsland.com.au
- Board the ferry from Mersey Point Jetty for the shot five minute journey to Penguin Island.
- We make our way to the Discovery Centre to learn all about the Island’s most famous residents – the Little Penguins. The penguin feedings are presented by one of the rangers and lasts about 20 mins. (During June to September the Discovery Centre is closed so the Penguin feeding takes place at Caversham Wildlife park in the afternoon)
- Spend some time exploring the Island whilst looking out for Penguins, Pelicans and a wide variety of other Australian wildlife.
- Board a Glass Bottom boat for a 45 minute glass bottom boat cruise to view rare Australian Sea Lions, Pelicans and great views of the Islands. Drift over the sea grass meadows and limestone reefs spotting fish, crabs and other marine life through the glass bottom.
- Lunch is served back on the mainland at the wonderful Pengo's café where you have the choice of a fine selection of hot and cold food.
- After lunch you jump back in our Explorer bus and head toward the Swan Valley and Whiteman Park. Watch out for wild Kangaroos as we drive into the Conservation reserve.
- In Caversham Wildlife Park you will be given a tour to see all of the amazing native Australian Wildlife
- Feed Kangaroos, have your photo taken with Koalas and meet a Wombat.
Whilst in Caversham you will also have the chance to watch a live Australian Farm Show - watch sheep shearing, crack a stock whip, milk a cow, bottle feed a lamb, meet a stockman on horseback, swing a billy, watch sheep dogs mustering the sheep – all the excitement of a true blue Aussie farm!
Important Note: On rare occasions the weather or tides may stop the Glass bottom boat and/or Penguin Ferry. When this happens the tour will divert to Mandurah for a scenic Dolphin cruise with lunch held at a restaurant in Mandurah instead.
To book contact Bonaventure Travel, Tel: 08 9321 6555; email@example.com