The days here in Australia might be getting shorter, but in other parts of the world they're getting much longer; in some places the Sun doesn't even set! This incredible phenomenon that occurs in the summer months in places north of the Arctic Circle is called the Midnight Sun. Like a prolonged sunset and sunrise all at once, it colours heaven and earth in a breathtaking reddish yellow light.
With almost four months of perpetual daylight, there are dozens of locations where voyagers can embrace this lasting glow, but some spots rise above the rest. The northern coast of Norway with its spectacular fjords is the perfect place to enjoy the eternal dawn. Below we have featured four Norwegian Midnight Sun cruises, scroll down to learn more.
Land of the Midnight Sun
- Enjoy 14 nights cruising the scenic coast of Norway, as north as Honningsvag - the true land of the Midnight Sun, aboard the Sapphire Princess. It departs from Southampton (return) on 15 June 2019.
- As you set your sights on the wonders of Norway, let Sapphire Princess indulge your every whim. Over 700 balconies, world-class gourmet dining and dazzling entertainment are just the beginning of your sea-going adventure. Dance the night away or relax and rejuvenate body and mind at the Lotus Spa®.
- From AUD$3,059 pp twin share*
- Breath-taking beauty and endless luxury are yours on this 12 night Norway spectacular departing 25 August 2019. Sail through majestic sights on relaxing sea days, enjoying Cunard's exquisite Queen Elizabeth.
- Christened by her namesake, Her Majesty The Queen in October 2010, Queen Elizabeth is renowned for her comfort and luxury. Her sophisticated and spacious interior offers everything you’d wish for on board. There's always something new to try, from fencing, to watercolour painting, to short mat bowls. Or simply indulge in doing no more than relaxing on deck.
- From AUD$3,589 pp twin share*
Exploration Of Norway And Spitsbergen
- On this 16 night cruise, departing 15 July 2019, Boudicca takes you from the south of England to the northernmost reaches of Norway. It includes a two-day exploration of Spitsbergen; situated just 700 nautical miles from the North Pole.
- Named after the British warrior Queen, Boudicca has built up a loyal following, combining style and space with the renowned personal Fred. Olsen service. Up to 880 guests can sail in comfort on board Boudicca, enjoying the welcoming, home-from-home ambience, ample space and fantastic restaurants, lounges, bars and facilities of a smaller, friendly ocean-going cruise ship.
- From AUD$4,051 pp twin share*
Norway & The Midnight Sun
- This 16 Night cruise aboard Azamara Journey, departing 1 July 2019, takes you from Oslo to Edinburgh visiting 13 beautiful towns along the coast of Norway.
- The sturdy Azamara Journey® is a mid-sized beauty with a deck plan well-suited to the needs of modern voyagers.
You’ll never feel crowded in the comfortable social spaces of her bars, restaurants, lounges, Casino and Cabaret. Nor will you feel like a sardine jammed in around the pool, where her attentive staff is always ready to offer a complimentary bottled water or fresh towel. Staterooms feature modern amenities and she has a large number of staterooms with verandas.
- From AUD$9,489 pp twin share
For full details and to book contact Bonaventure Travel at Tel: (08) 9321 6555